Wednesday 18 November 2009

Traditions


can go.

I found this painter from the early 1900s. He is an Austrian Expressionist painter, Egon Schiele known for his nude portraits. One interesting fact: he was briefly imprisoned for obscenity in 1912. I really want to start painting and just do it! I know i've been saying this for a long time and it's been rather frustrating for me lately . I will do soon and i'll post them up here if i do.
Delicate may not be a suitable word here, but it is in a subtle way, the features the brush strokes. What makes it haunting about his work is that he didn't expose the body in a overly sexual way, like most nude portraits would be associated with, but rather he concentrated on the expressions and the emotions of the subject, this is what makes each portrait interesting to look at.

P.s i got my hamsters today and booked flight to Berlin happy happy times!

No comments: